Saturday, March 24, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES

Today I went and saw THE HUNGER GAMES movie! Wait a second, I should back up...

A couple years ago, my brother gave me the book THE HUNGER GAMES for Christmas. He teaches at a Middle School, and his wife teaches at a high school, and it was popular in both their schools. I had not heard of it, but was intrigued by the jacket cover that had a summary of the book. My brother said he really liked it, but wasn't sure if it was going to be my kind of book. I have to say, my brother, Jeff, is GREAT at sending books my way. While we don't always enjoy the same books, sometimes we do and that is really cool, in my opinion. We are from a family of readers, so it makes sense that we swap books from time to time. (I recommended THE MAZE RUNNER to him.)

After Jeff gave me the book, I read it VERY quickly. I REALLY enjoyed it, and went on to read the rest of the series. I really enjoyed it, as the voice of Katniss came out so clearly throughout the turn of events in the story. I really enjoyed the whole thing, and it really made me think about the world in a bigger picture. Of course, it's a fictional story, but it made me grateful for the United States and the world we live in. I could go on and on, but my point is, I REALLY liked the books.

When I heard that they were making a movie of the book, I was excited. I also wondered how they would make it. It was such a creative book, I was wondering how it would compare to the book. Most of the time, I will see a movie that is made from a book and not like it. Today was different for me though.

I REALLY liked the movie and thought it stuck to the book really well. I will admit, it has been a while since I read the books, but the main parts I remembered, and I enjoyed following the adventure all over again. It was a fun ride, as I told someone earlier.

I'm sure you've been in classes where you have watched a movie after you've read a book. While it's typically not the same, as you can't read/hear the thoughts and feelings of the characters, it is neat because the story is told in a new way on the big screen.

First and foremost, I recommend this book for fifth and sixth graders. It is a really good adventure! THEN ASK YOUR PARENTS to take you to the movie. You'll be amazed at the comparisons you make. *grin*

"LET THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

That's my favorite quote from the book and movie.
Enjoy!

*grin*
LIFE.
IS.
AMAZING...with a good book!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ms. Springer,
    I havent read The Hunger Games yet but I will soon. I'm waiting to see the movie until I read the book. Thanks for all the book recomendations!
    Connor 6-Z

    ReplyDelete